Providing our customers with the highest quality since 1945.
What You Will be Doing
- Create CAD models and drawings from parts/assemblies in the shop.
- Find, interpret, and apply basic engineering standard specifications to models and drawings.
- Sort, organize, and implement master drawing corrections.
- Meet project progress milestones as deemed necessary by lead engineer.
- Work toward completing higher priority drawing corrections first.
- Readily communicate issues found on drawings to mechanical engineers.
- Work well in a cubicle environment and/or open workspace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Greater understanding of engineering design principles and how they affect manufacturing, maintenance, and daily operation of production machinery.
- Refined experience using SolidWorks products.
- Refined experience using GD&T.
- Experience using M-Files – a progressive document management vault (database) that is the perfect solution for businesses that demand the highest level of efficiency and security in their document management processes.
- Strong ability to relate part drawing features to a particular manufacturing process or capability.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting engineering-related issues and root-cause analysis.
- Gain interpersonal skills by working on an engineering team.
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Proficiency in using SolidWorks and ability to create SolidWorks drawings and models is required.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks PDM and its workflows is preferred.
- Proficiency with DraftSight (or AutoCAD) is required.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings including their weld callouts, bills of materials, hole charts, and flat patterns.
- Familiarity with machine tools and other fabrication equipment, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with using GD&T.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Familiarity with proper material selection for fabricated components.
- Familiarity with physical principles, laws, and their interrelationships.
- Ability to use basic metrology tools to measure and build CAD models or parts & assemblies.
- Proficiency with an array of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.